The first re-decorating task was to remove the carpet (yes, CARPET) that was affixed to the inside walls of the cabin. Next task was to paint the inside walls a nice crisp white colour.
After painting, the next task was to recover the v-berth cabin mattress. I re-used the existing foam and recovered with new fabric.
|V-berth cushions - OLD|
|V-berth cushions - NEW|
The sail cover was probably original to the boat from the 1970s, and was badly weathered from years of use. Several patches were made over the years, and although it's probably time to completely replace it, I decided on another round of patches instead. I found the same colour marine fabric (at a gazillion dollars/meter), but only needed 1/2 meter.
Next task was to create some bench cushions for the cockpit. I found some cheap foam on Craigslist and cut it to the contour of the cockpit benches. Then I found some remnant outdoor fabric online in the selected pattern.
- marine paint - $50
- v-berth cushion fabric - $60
- sail cover fabric patch - $60
- cockpit cushions - $100
- throw pillows - $20
Professional Organizer for Hire
Vancouver, BC, Canada